International Agenda, official magazine of the Schoolcraft College International Institute (SCII), is issued twice yearly, at the beginning of Fall and Winter semesters. The publication was founded in 1996 by Donald A. Ryktarsyk (Business Department), who remained editor until 1998. Publication was revived in January 2004 by the current editor, Randy K. Schwartz (Mathematics Department). An Editorial Committee, consisting of College faculty and staff, has been in operation since November 2008.
International Agenda advances the SCII mission by providing a campus-wide forum for the exchange of information and perspectives related to international and intercultural education. The primary readership consists of Schoolcraft College faculty and staff, while students and off-campus readers are important secondary audiences. The key types of items included are:
- News and perspectives about issues and approaches relevant to international and intercultural education
- Brief or in-depth reports from members of the campus community concerning the course activities, conferences, study trips, publications, and other educational activities in which they are engaged in international and intercultural studies
- Brief or in-depth reviews of books, videos, and other relevant resources
- Examples of Schoolcraft student projects and artwork related to global concerns
- Reports and summaries of programs and initiatives sponsored by the International Institute
- A calendar of relevant campus, community and regional events.
All readers are encouraged to submit articles, information, and announcements for the magazine. Submission deadlines are late July and mid-December.