Schoolcraft Scholars Honors Program
Our History and Mission
Schoolcraft is a comprehensive, open door, community-based college. The mission of the college is to provide a transformational learning experience designed to increase the capacity of individuals and groups to achieve intellectual, social, and economic goals. Schoolcraft Scholars, an honors program, is designed to provide talented, academically-motivated students with an enhanced educational experience.
In an environment that promotes scholarship and community, Scholars enjoy frequent interaction with peers and honors faculty. They are challenged to grow intellectually, increase their awareness of the society around them, question the status quo, think critically, work collaboratively, and become involved in the community through service-learning projects.
Why become a Schoolcraft Scholar?
- Receive tuition scholarships
- Wear Scholars regalia at commencement
- Enjoy a Scholars graduation banquet
- Receive Honors designation on Schoolcraft College transcripts
- Combine honors with most majors
- Take courses that examine values and social issues
- Work closely with honors faculty
- Enjoy guest speakers, conferences and field trips
- Receive detailed advising and transfer counseling
- Transfer directly into four-year honors programs
- Work with community groups such as the Canton Business and Professional Women, Friends of the Rouge, the Plymouth Community Arts Council or the Red Cross
- Make valuable career contacts
- Receive recognition at commencement
Qualifications and How to Apply
- Be accepted as a student at Schoolcraft College
- Have a minimum high school or college grade-point average of 3.5
- Write a personal essay
- Submit two letters of recommendation with your Scholars application
- Have a personal interview
Schoolcraft Scholars Application Form
High school students, including dual and special enrolled students, are not eligible to participate in the Scholars Honors Program. Please refer to the college catalog for information on High School Enrollment Options.