College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Earn college credit through the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP). CLEP is a national College Board credit by exam program available to Schoolcraft College students and members of the community. Students may choose from 35 CLEP exams offered monthly on selected dates. The CLEP computer-based test is a 90-minute timed multiple-choice exam. The CLEP Sampler can help students prepare to take the computer test and is available online at collegeboard.com.
By passing a CLEP exam, you can:
- “Test out” of a first or second year college course
- Get college credit for what you already know
- Save time while earning a degree
- Save tuition dollars
Anyone can take a CLEP exam. Individual colleges set their own CLEP policies and guidelines. It is the test candidate’s responsibility to consult with the institution that will be receiving the test scores to ensure that the proper tests are taken.
CLEP Test Dates:
- June 7, 2016 at 1:00 p.m.
- CLEP Exam fee is $80 per exam and must be paid in advance of the test date at http://collegeboard.org/clep.
- Schoolcraft College’s test registration fee is $35 per test.