Income Tax Preparation
This is an introductory course in Federal and Michigan individual income tax laws and return preparation. Special emphasis will be given to Federal Tax Form 1040 with accompanying Schedule A (itemized deductions). In addition, the course will include preparation of Michigan Tax Form MI-1040 and City of Detroit returns.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Categorize transactions for appropriate tax treatment.
- Apply tax law provisions to individual taxpayer scenarios.
- Differentiate between the Federal, State and City of Detroit income tax systems.
- Characterize the elements of the Federal, State and City of Detroit income tax returns.
- Prepare a comprehensive tax return utilizing income tax software.
- Explore Internet-based resources available for income tax preparation.
| ||138||112508||Income Tax Preparation|| ||2||Sviland M|| ||25/30/0||Open||