Elementary Arabic 1 (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is intended for students who have no previous education in Arabic. The course will cover basic grammar patterns and build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of the cultures of the Middle East will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of beginning Arabic texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in beginning Arabic.
- Discriminate distinctive beginning Arabic sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken beginning Arabic.
- Pronounce beginning Arabic words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak Arabic clearly and accurately with beginning fluency.
- Integrate beginning Arabic vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply correctly beginning rules of Arabic grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in beginning Arabic through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare beginning aspects of Arabic and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this beginning Arabic course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the Arabic language and culture.
| ||101||140420||Elementary Arabic 1|| ||4||Shwehdi A||$12.00||23/28/0||Open||
| ||101||140451||Elementary Arabic 1|| ||4||Shwehdi A||$12.00||19/25/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.