Art and Design
Basic Design 1
This course provides an introduction to the elements and principles of design.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Research works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain the ways in which the visual arts can function within society.
- Explore the interrelationship of various art forms.
- Identify the elements and principles of design from important two-dimensional works throughout art history.
- Identify effective use of the elements and principles of design in both fine and applied art.
- Apply basic color theory to two-dimensional design.
- Apply the elements and principles of design to create effective two-dimensional compositions.
- Create effective designs within a given set of conceptual and physical parameters.
- Demonstrate proficiency in working with media and equipment required in two-dimensional design production.
| ||106||120203||Basic Design 1|| ||3||Sarris S||$35.00||20/20/0||Open||