Art and Design
This course is a study of child growth and development through creativity. Students will study techniques and materials appropriate for use at various elementary grade levels. Emphasis will be placed on methods to stimulate children’s creative interests.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain the ways in which the visual arts can function within society.
- Explore the interrelationship of various art forms.
- Explain how the visual arts can enrich the school curriculum.
- Design age/grade appropriate art projects to complement a variety of curricular areas.
- Utilize the language of art and a variety of art materials and techniques.
- Explore a variety of art materials and techniques appropriate to children at various stages of development.
- Develop appropriate skill and sensitivity to evaluate children’s art work
- Select appropriate methods and approaches of teaching art to children.
| ||113||110215||Art Education|| ||3||Sarris C||$35.00||12/20/0||Open||
| ||113||110260||Art Education|| ||3||Sarris S||$35.00||9/20/0||Open||