Art and Design
Art History 1 (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This art history course examines the development of western art from Prehistory through the 14th century with emphasis on various societies, artists and art forms including painting, sculpture and architecture.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze the ways in which the visual arts can function within the context of society.
- Examine the relationship of various art forms to each other.
- Explore the most important developments and styles within the broad estate of art from Prehistory to the Renaissance.
- Explain the basic design elements of painting, sculpture, and other art forms.
- Explain the materials used to create a specific work of art.
- Explain the elements of color and line used to create a specific work of art.
- Explain the element(s) of form and focus used in a specific work of art.
- Apply stylistic terminology to a specific work of art.
- Explain how various works of art represent the artistic style or period in which they were created.
- Explain how and why artists created their work.
- Evaluate art works on a content level.
- Analyze works of art from an historical context.
| ||115||142424||Art History 1 ||Online||4||Nissen J||$12.00||28/31/0||Open||
| ||115||140202||Art History 1|| ||4||Nissen J||$12.00||12/31/0||Open||
| ||115||140203||Art History 1|| ||4||Nissen J||$12.00||24/31/0||Open||
| ||115||140252||Art History 1|| ||4||Ewing K||$12.00||28/31/0||Open||
| ||115||142314||Art History 1 ||Online||4||Nissen J||$12.00||17/31/0||Open||
| ||115||122314||Art History 1 ||Online||4||Zuccarini D||$30.00||4/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.