Art and Design
This course explores the theories embodied in ceramics as an art form. Basic techniques of renowned artists are examined.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain ways in which the visual arts, ceramics in particular, can function within society.
- Define the interrelationship of ceramics with various art forms.
- Identify art history pieces using basic hand-building techniques.
- Research art history sources for basic forms using the wheel.
- Identify all the stages utilized in creating ceramic art.
- Analyze techniques and standards for safely loading and firing kilns.
- Define safety techniques and standards for clay and glaze management.
- Research methods and techniques from established historical sources on the art of ceramics.
| ||118||127116||Ceramics 1|| ||3||Wooten B||$120.00||0/16/0||Closed||
| ||118||127117||Ceramics 1|| ||3||Murphy J||$120.00||6/16/0||Open||
| ||118||127120||Ceramics 1|| ||3||Murphy J||$120.00||6/16/0||Open||
| ||118||137152||Ceramics 1|| ||3||Murphy J||$120.00||0/16/1||Closed||
| ||118||148105||Ceramics 1|| ||3||Bielat R||$120.00||6/16/0||Open||
| ||118||148107||Ceramics 1|| ||3||Murphy J||$120.00||12/16/0||Open||
| ||118||148147||Ceramics 1|| ||3||Bielat R||$120.00||6/16/0||Open||
| ||118||148160||Ceramics 1|| ||3||Murphy J||$120.00||8/16/0||Open||