Art and Design
(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|117105||January 6, 2014
|117147||January 6, 2014
|117178||January 6, 2014
|118102||January 6, 2014
View Course Schedule
Fundamentals of ceramics; study of materials and basic techniques in shaping, decorating and firing will be covered in this course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain ways in which the visual arts, ceramics in particular, can function within society.
- Explore the interrelationship of ceramics with various art forms.
- Build forms using basic hand-building techniques.
- Create basic forms using the wheel.
- Investigate the stages of creating ceramic art including wetwork, greenware, bisqueware and glazing.
- Investigate standard safety protocol for loading and firing kilns.
- Investigate standard safety protocol for mixing clay.
- Investigate standard safety protocol for mixing glazes.