Art and Design
Art Appreciation (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course provides an introduction to the vast subject of visual art, including the effect of culture and history on the lives, aesthetics and creations of artists, and an exploration of technique and media employed by artists throughout time.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain the ways in which the visual arts can function within society.
- Explore the interrelationship of various art forms.
- Interpret works of art using appropriate visual-arts terminology and concepts.
- Explain the role the visual arts have played throughout history and across cultures.
- Compare art from many cultures and time periods.
- Differentiate between the media and processes used to create art.
- Investigate the major themes and purposes of art.
- Explore how artists have used two- and three-dimensional media throughout history and across cultures.
| ||201||140233||Art Appreciation|| ||3||Bacon A||$12.00||21/31/0||Open||
| ||201||047703||Art Appreciation ||OE/OE||3||Zuccarini D||$12.00||28/31/0||Open||
| ||201||140210||Art Appreciation|| ||3||Zuccarini D||$12.00||21/31/0||Open||
| ||201||142338||Art Appreciation ||Online||3||Olson S||$12.00||0/31/2||Closed||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.