Art and Design
(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|117111||January 6, 2014
|117169||January 6, 2014
View Course Schedule
Life Drawing 2
This course is a continuation of ART 125 with emphasis on further development of concepts and refinement of skills. Students will refine their aesthetic, expressive approach to the human figure while focusing on limited media.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ART 125 recommended or consent of instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain the ways in which the visual arts, life drawing in particular, can function within society.
- Explain the relationship and importance of portraiture and figure drawing to other art forms.
- Construct drawings that correctly reveal the proportion of the human head.
- Utilize the "bony landmarks" of the human skeleton to create proportional drawings.
- Create drawings that accurately incorporate the major superficial muscles of the human figure.
- Construct linear drawings which accurately record the basic conformation of a human head and figure.
- Explore the compatibility of different media and surfaces.
- Specialize and develop proficiency in one or two drawing techniques.