Art and Design
Watercolor Painting 1
This course introduces the student to fundamental theories related to techniques and processes utilized in Watercolor and Water-Based Media (W/C / WBM).
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ART 105 recommended or consent of instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain the ways in which the visual arts, WC / WBM in particular, can function within society.
- Compare WC / WBM to other art forms.
- Explain a WC / WBM piece which layers color and value to create form and atmospheric perspective.
- Create a WC / WBM which utilizes a variety of experimental methods and materials.
- Create a WC / WBM painting from direct observation that records the effect of light on natural surfaces.
- Utilize the unique qualities of WC / WBM to express and / or evoke an emotional response.
- Research different methods of painting with WC / WBM from established Art History sources.
- Develop proficiency in the basic technical requirements of painting using WC / WBM.
- Construct a WC / WBM painting by employing the white of the paper as the lightest value and moving progressively to the darker values.
- Construct a painting starting with soft edges and general shapes moving toward detail refinement at the later stage of the painting.
| ||211||127128||Watercolor Painting 1|| ||3||Olson SMoucoulis E||$35.00||16/20/0||Open||
| ||211||148115||Watercolor Painting 1|| ||3||Olson SMoucoulis E||$35.00||16/20/0||Open||