Art and Design
Watercolor Painting 2 (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a continuation of ART 211 providing opportunities for analysis of watercolor and water-based media, (WC/WBM) techniques. A variety of WC / WBM techniques used by historically important WC / WBM artists are explored. Students learn appropriate application of WC / WBM paints for effects of opacity and transparency.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Compare and contrast works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Demonstrate the ways in which the visual arts can function within society.
- Differentiate the relationship of WC / WBM to other art forms.
- Compare and contrast the characteristics and applications of opaque and transparent WC / WBM.
- Utilize effectively the different properties of WC / WBM paints (i.e. opaque, transparent, staining, non-staining) that are unique to specific WC / WBM paints.
- Explain the characteristics and application of transparent water-based media.
- Apply effectively washes to emulate a studied juried reviewed artist's piece.
- Apply effectively masking techniques to emulate a studied juried reviewed artist's piece.
- Apply effectively glazing techniques to emulate a studied juried reviewed artist's piece.
- Create a series of paintings in WC / WBM utilizing three or more WC / WBM techniques or applications within each piece.
- Research different methods of painting with WC / WBM from established art history sources.
- Develop proficiency in technical requirements of painting using WC / WBM.
| ||212||147104||Watercolor Painting 2|| ||3||Sarris C||$37.00||16/20/0||Open||
| ||212||127129||Watercolor Painting 2|| ||3||Sarris C||$35.00||8/20/0||Open||
| ||212||118136||Watercolor Painting 2|| ||3||Ostrowski A||$35.00||0/20/0||Closed||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.