Art and Design
(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|127119||May 5, 2014
|127123||May 5, 2014
|127126||May 5, 2014
|137154||June 30, 2014
|148121||August 25, 2014
|148135||August 25, 2014
|148145||August 25, 2014
|148162||August 25, 2014
View Course Schedule
An intermediate investigation of the art-making process using techniques specific to ceramics will be covered in this course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate works of art, ceramics in particular, which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain ways in which the visual arts, ceramics in particular, can function within society.
- Explore the interrelationship of ceramics with various art forms.
- Explore ceramic equipment that facilitates construction of form.
- Explore the relationship of two-dimensional form to three-dimensional form.
- Investigate the history of pattern throughout world culture as it relates to tile making.
- Construct uniform tiles.
- Investigate the plasticity of various clay bodies.
- Create original stamps for imprinting decoration on wet clay surfaces.