Art and Design
(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|117131||January 6, 2014
|117132||January 6, 2014
|117181||January 6, 2014
|118107||January 6, 2014
View Course Schedule
An intermediate investigation of the art-making process using techniques specific to ceramics will be covered in this course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate works of art, ceramics in particular, which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain ways in which the visual arts, ceramics in particular, can function within society.
- Explore the interrelationship of ceramics with various art forms.
- Develop original glaze formulas.
- Build a ceramic sculpture using the additive method.
- Load an electric kiln safely and efficiently.
- Fire an electric kiln safely and efficiently.
- Explore mold making techniques including clay molds for the lost-wax process of sculpture.
- Develop an individual style of expression in clay.