Art and Design
(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|110213||January 6, 2014
View Course Schedule
This course introduces the student to fundamental painting techniques and processes through abstract, conceptual and representational imagery. Sessions on portraiture are included.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain the ways in which the visual arts can function within society.
- Demonstrate the relationship and importance of painting to other art forms.
- Prepare colors with a limited palette.
- Apply paint to surface using various methods.
- Create form using a limited palette.
- Explore value gradations.
- Explore interaction of hard edges and soft edges.
- Create an original composition using knowledge of color theory and paint application.