Art and Design
(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|117118||January 6, 2014
View Course Schedule
This course focuses on the development of skills through exploratory experiences in sculptural media and techniques leading to the understanding of sculptural form and conception.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain the ways in which sculpture can function within society.
- Compare the relationship and importance of sculpture to other art forms.
- Demonstrate the processes involved in creating a sculpture.
- Construct sculpture using hand-building techniques for clay.
- Investigate the wide array of materials and tools available to sculptors.
- Explore creating plaster molds.
- Differentiate between additive and reductive sculpture.
- Create assemblages from found materials.