Art and Design
(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|148129||August 25, 2014
View Course Schedule
This course is a continuation of ART 243 providing for further exploration and application of sculptural media and techniques leading to the understanding of sculptural form and conception.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain the ways in which sculpture can function within society.
- Demonstrate the relationship and importance of sculpture to other art forms.
- Create a sculpture using the additive method.
- Create a sculpture using the reduction method.
- Create a series of related sculptures.
- Utilize wood and plaster form constructions.
- Investigate the wide array of materials and tools used in sculpture.
- Explore the concept of kinetic sculpture, including mobiles.
- Create a work that emulates a noted sculptors' approach or philosophy.