(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the importance of key developments in the evolution of aviation.
- Examine the basic theory of and fundamentals of flight.
- Explain how aviation regulations impact the aviation industry.
- Relate navigational aids, air traffic control and regulations to flight safety.
- Examine criteria involved in airport planning and management.
- Examine meteorological phenomena as it pertains to flight.
- Examine the functions, basic facilities and operations of a typical airport.
- Examine corporate and maintenance management.
- Investigate the future of the aviation industry.
- Examine the characteristics of aircraft types, operators and manufacturers.
- Investigate careers in the aviation industry.
- Compare the educational requirements for a variety of aviation careers.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.