(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate the rationale and evolution of federal civil aviation regulations.
- Explore the organization and responsibilities of the Department of Transportation and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Identify the organization and availability of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and related documents on the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) website.
- Explain basic Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements of aviation businesses that support aviation.
- Outline the role of the National Transportation Safety Board.
- Evaluate changes to aviation industry security as the result of terrorist concerns and the establishment of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
- Explore the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICACO) and the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
- Summarize the character, benefits, and influence of the aviation associations that support aviation.
- Analyze regulations in detail for selected aviation business.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.