Aviation Maintenance Management
This course focuses on the organization, processes and operation of an aviation maintenance business. Students will learn about the types of maintenance businesses including airline maintenance, Maintenance Repair Overhaul (MRO) businesses, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) maintenance, Fixed Base Operation (FBO) and airframe manufacturer maintenance. The course will include an overview of aircraft systems and basic maintenance requirements. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and processes to ensure safety, quality and reliability associated with maintenance and repair will be covered. The perspective of the aircraft owner will also be discussed.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify the basic systems of a typical aircraft as a foundation for aircraft maintenance.
- Analyze the basic elements of an aviation maintenance organization.
- Outline the various types of aviation businesses including airline, Maintenance Repair Overhaul (MRO), Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), manufacturer, general aviation Fixed Base Operation (FBO), and corporate aviation repair facilities.
- Evaluate key aspects of an aviation maintenance business that ensure safety, reliability and quality.
- Investigate the certification requirements for the aviation industry.
- Explain the legal and ethical aspects for record-keeping and documentation requirements.
- Explore current trends in aviation maintenance.
- Explore the career opportunities in aviation maintenance management.
- Classify the types of training in aviation maintenance.
| ||202||112722||Aviation Maintenance Mgmt ||Online||3||Coop F||$30.00||31/31/0||Open||