Corporate Aviation Management
The course provides an overview of the management and operation of an executive aviation business or corporate flight department for on-demand air travel. Students will be introduced to topics that include the value of using on-demand air travel, business organization, government regulation, aircraft and equipment evaluation, maintenance, flight operations, administration and fiscal considerations.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Summarize the history and present trends in corporate and executive aviation operations.
- Determine the appropriate uses of executive/corporate aircraft.
- Compare the business models available for corporate/executive air travel.
- Explain the business and aviation components of a corporate/executive aviation company.
- Evaluate an existing corporate aviation business.
- Create a business plan for a corporate/executive aviation company.
- Interpret the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and environmental requirements applicable to the business.
- Critique key factors to ensure a viable flight department or business.
- Evaluate career opportunities in corporate/executive aviation businesses.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.