This course explores health and wellness including the effects of stress, physical fitness, nutrition, body weight, substance abuse, infectious diseases and environmental factors. Other topics will include sexuality, cardiovascular health, cancer, chronic health conditions and how to make informed decisions related to health.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Summarize the multiple dimensions of health.
- Explain the sources of stress and approaches to stress management.
- Explain the components of physical fitness and the importance of exercise over the lifespan.
- Determine the sources of nutrients and the necessity of a healthy diet.
- Explore the relationship between healthy body weight and wellness.
- Analyze the causes of substance abuse and addiction.
- Explore the cardiovascular system and interventions for disease.
- Characterize cancer and other chronic conditions.
- Evaluate causes and transmission of infectious diseases.
- Examine factors that influence sexuality, sexual behavior, and fertility.
- Evaluate health information and health care providers.
- Analyze the impact of environmental factors on health.
| ||103||112466||Health Education ||Online||3||Crowley-Harpenau P||$30.00||1/31/0||Open||
| ||103||112775||Health Education ||Online||3||Orick M||$30.00||14/31/0||Open||