Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course introduces fundamental terminology and concepts that will enable students to acquire a basic understanding of the structure and function of the human body. The anatomy and physiology of the major human organ systems and their association with health and disease is explored. BIOL 105 is intended for students in allied health programs that do not require a laboratory course in human anatomy and physiology.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Successful completion of
- BIOL 50 or high school introductory general biology within the last five years.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Compare the different levels of organization of the human body.
- Apply anatomical and directional terminology to the human body.
- Explain cellular structure, function and metabolism.
- Analyze the functions of major tissue types.
- Explain the role of the major organ systems in maintaining homeostasis.
- Differentiate between the bones of the human skeleton.
- Characterize the structure and function of the human muscular system.
- Outline how the nervous system regulates the processes of the human body.
- Relate the actions and control of the hormones of the endocrine system.
- Explain the role of the digestive system in the ingestion, absorption and excretion of nutrients.
- Characterize the structures and functions of the cardiovascular system.
- Analyze the processes involved in respiration.
- Examine the role of the lymphatic system in immunity.
- Analyze the processes of filtration, re-absorption, and secretion in urine formation.
- Contrast the structure and function of the male and female reproductive systems.
- Compare the regulation of water, electrolyte and acid-base balance in the human body.
- Explain the association of the major organ systems with health and disease.
| ||105||142316||Basic Human Anatomy & Phys ||Online||4||Abbas M||$12.00||28/31/0||Open||
| ||105||142309||Basic Human Anatomy & Phys ||Online||4||Butkevich N||$12.00||9/31/0||Open||
| ||105||142412||Basic Human Anatomy & Phys ||Online||4||Cook S||$12.00||26/31/0||Open||
| ||105||145322||Basic Human Anatomy & Phys || ||4||Gray S||$12.00||15/31/0||Open||
| ||105||246023||Basic Human Anatomy & Phys || ||4||Coursey D||$12.00||21/31/0||Open||
| ||105||122336||Basic Human Anatomy & Phys ||Online||4||Cook S||$30.00||6/31/0||Closed||
| ||105||125311||Basic Human Anatomy & Phys|| ||4||Bieri R|| ||25/31/0||Open||
|M T W ||11:00AM-01:45PM||F130|
| ||105||132336||Basic Human Anatomy & Phys ||Online||4||Abbas M||$30.00||0/31/0||Closed||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.