(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|112633||January 6, 2014
View Course Schedule
Retail Principles and Practices
This course introduces basic elements of retail organization and operation. Problem situations related to retailing are identified along with specific applications of retail procedures.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Examine the basic principles of retailing.
- Analyze the decision tools applied in retail management.
- Explore evidence of the globalization of the retail industry.
- Provide examples of communications and information systems technologies in retailing.
- Illustrate the components of retail strategy management.
- Explore the merchandise management process.
- Summarize the fundamentals of store management including employees, costs, merchandising and customer service.
- Explain the benefits of implementing customer relationship management.
- Prepare a retail plan by selecting and researching retail sites.