In this course you will discover how to become a successful and respected supervisor in the current contemporary workplace. Besides assessing your current supervisory traits, you will develop new skills addressing leadership, staff motivation, effective communication methods, problem-solving techniques, time management, multitasking and human relations. You will explore real-world situations and learn strategies to overcome a variety of challenges facing supervisors in a global and diverse workplace.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Develop strategies for energizing a workforce through leadership, motivation, and communication.
- Analyze the supervisor's role in management process.
- Illustrate current supervisory challenges in managing a global and diverse workforce.
- Assess supervisory approaches to contemporary workplace issues.
- Demonstrate essential business communication skills.
- Determine effective methods for dealing with ethical dilemmas from a supervisory point of view.
- Identify actions a supervisor can take to improve team performance.
- Explore human resource management practices including interviewing and appraising employees.
- Apply supervisory level problem solving and disciplinary techniques.
| ||220||122379||Supervision ||Online||3||Ontko S||$30.00||30/31/0||Open||
| ||220||132379||Supervision ||Online||3||McCartney J||$30.00||29/31/0||Open||
| ||220||142480||Supervision ||Online||3||Holman C||$30.00||30/31/0||Open||
| ||220||142379||Supervision ||Online||3||Ontko S||$30.00||25/31/0||Open||
| ||220||142620||Supervision|| ||3||McCartney J|| ||31/31/0||Open||
|M W ||10:00AM-11:20AM||BTC370|
| ||220||142681||Supervision|| ||3||Ellies K|| ||28/31/0||Open||