Computer Aided Design
SolidWorks - Level 1
This first level SolidWorks course will cover the basics of creating, editing and storing 3D models. The construction and constraining of assemblies will be covered as will the creation of detail and assembly drawings using the drafting package.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Create constrained sketches.
- Create complex models using solid body operations.
- Create complex models using independent bodies.
- Utilize Boolean operations to merge bodies into final complex parts.
- Create views of parts.
- Apply dimensions and tolerances to the views of the parts.
- Insert and complete title blocks.
- Print/plot drawing files.
- Select various printers, paper size and plotting formats.
- Save and retrieve files in compressed and non-compressed formats.
- Insert parts into Assembly files.
- Constrain parts to each other and to the coordinate systems within the Assembly packages.
- Create exploded assembly drawings.
- Check assemblies for clearance and interferences.
- Create Bill of Materials tables for assembly drawings.
- Utilize the formulas and design tables.
- Import spreadsheet data to populate a design table for a part.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.