Computer Graphics Technology
Illustration - Illustrator (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is intended to introduce students to the field of graphic design and illustration using professional computer drawing software. Emphasis is on learning the software and on applying basic design skills to the computer generated image. Students are instructed in the fundamentals of drawing on the computer, working with color, working with type and combining type and image for effective communication. Students are expected to be familiar with basic functions of the computer before beginning the class.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CGT 109 (may be taken concurrently).
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Use the basic functions of the computer.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the policies and procedures used in the computer labs: proper start-up and shut-down procedures, how to multitask, how to use the file server, how to select and use the laser and ink jet printers, and practice good file maintenance procedures.
- Explain the uses of Illustrator.
- Differentiate the two types of digital images: bitmap and vector.
- Navigate the Illustrator interface and work space.
- Explain the difference between open and closed paths and shapes.
- Draw basic shapes.
- Transform basic shapes.
- Utilize the freeform drawing tools.
- Discover the characteristics of Bezier lines and curves by selecting and editing anchor points.
- Utilize the pen tool to create, move and edit straight and curved paths.
- Combine straight and curved paths into object shapes.
- Explore the color features and tools in Illustrator, including color models, modes; applying color to stroke and fills and making gradients.
- Use the basic functions of the Illustrator software.
- Explore the use of Illustrator Tools.
- Explore the uses of filters, effects and graphic styles.
- Create patterns.
- Apply patterns.
- Practice the three methods of creating type: type at point, type in an area and type on a path.
- Explore typography terminology.
- Create compound paths and shapes using the Pathfinder.
- Utilize rulers, guides and layers.
- Discover the uses of blends, distorts, transformations, envelopes and 3D effects.
| ||123||149318||Illustrator|| ||3||Jacobs E||$42.00||8/24/0||Open||
| ||123||149327||Illustrator|| ||3||Case C||$42.00||7/24/0||Open||
| ||123||149330||Illustrator|| ||3||Langdon J||$42.00||17/24/0||Open||
| ||123||149351||Illustrator|| ||3||Jacobs E||$42.00||12/24/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.