Computer Graphics Technology
Web Design and Development 1
This course introduces the student to the unique design principles and World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards for creating effective Web sites. Web design process will be introduced to aid in the basic planning, wireframing, and construction of a project. Web graphic understanding will be integrated with its technical build. Students will design and code basic Web sites utilizing HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS); with emphasis on access and semantic markup. Basic Web authoring tools and image editing software will be used.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Computer experience highly recommended.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Utilize basic HTML for developing site structure.
- Utilize basic Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for developing site presentation.
- Emphasize accessibility, semantic markup, and current W3C standards in their design development.
- Explain how the World Wide Web works, its design and development challenges, and current industry standards and trends.
- Implement appropriate User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design methods and techniques.
- Identify a workflow using an introductory Web design process and identify the target audience, needs, and goals of the client in order to construct an appropriate solution to their design problem.
- Use design concepts of Web site architecture with attention to layout and graphic design elements and principles.
- Develop wireframes, design compositions, and graphic design presentation appropriate to project goals.
- Optimize layout, wording, color, background, Web graphics, and various other content.
- Integrate basic multimedia, forms, and tables into Web design.
- Explain basic vocabulary; such as, semantic markup, hypertext and hyperlinks, image versus search engine optimization, relative and absolute path addressing, and other relevant terms current to industry standards.
- Organize the workflow of a Web site project.
- Construct the workflow of a Web site project.
- Manage the workflow of a Web site project.
| ||136||119350||Web Design & Development 1|| ||3||Haselhuhn M||$30.00||4/24/0||Open||