Computer Graphics Technology
Visual Effects Production
This course is designed to integrate video production techniques, 3D model building and computer graphics compositing. Students will develop the practical skills to coordinate the merger of these techniques into a consistent visual effects production. This course will enable the students to effectively calculate shooting angles, monitor film speeds, develop mattes and scale 3D models or miniatures into a final scene. Safe Practical Effects will be developed that can be used on a set to accomplish dramatic effects while maintaining visual continuity of composited digital images.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CGT 208 (may be taken concurrently).
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Perform proper green screen shooting techniques and masking.
- Fix improperly exposed footage.
- Determine the Horizontal Angle of View to create models in post production with the proper scale.
- Develop techniques to remove unwanted visual elements.
- Establish Safe Practical Effects that can be used on set to help sell composite digital images.
- Explain the process for calculating the camera's frame rate when shooting scaled models.
- Explain motion tracking.
- Integrate camera and lens data within 3D programs to simulate and recreate the camera's settings.
- Direct Miniature Shooting to achieve realistic speed using scaled models.
- Correct problematic situations digitally within video frames.
- Coordinate the repair, shooting, and creation of digital set extensions.
| ||210||119362||Video Effects Production|| ||3||Salo J||$30.00||21/24/0||Open||