Computer Graphics Technology
Dynamic Web Design With ColdFusion
This course provides advanced Dynamic Web development utilizing the most recent versions of Adobe's ColdFusion and Dreamweaver. Topics covered will include scripting in CFML and XHTML, Web site planning, testing, security and production. Emphasis will be on managing the flow of database information with client and server side documents. Also included will be coverage of data-driven pages, forms and data-entry using Dreamweaver data connection tools, writing user-defined functions and creating dynamically data-driven Web applications.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Develop fully interactive, database-driven web applications.
- Set-up a basic ColdFusion development environment.
- Manage a basic ColdFusion development environment.
- Use ColdFusion Markup Language (CFML).
- Create a data source.
- Connect to a data source.
- Develop queries that create, read, update, and delete data dynamically.
- Perform client-side and server-side validation.
- Authenticate users and secure access to pages.
- Use local, query, form, and URL variables.
- Create ColdFusion components.
- Use ColdFusion components.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.