Elementary Chinese 1
This course is intended for students who have no previous education in Chinese. The course will cover basic grammar patterns and build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of Chinese culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of beginning Chinese texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in beginning Chinese.
- Discriminate distinctive beginning Chinese sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken beginning Chinese.
- Pronounce beginning Chinese words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak Chinese clearly and accurately with beginning fluency.
- Integrate beginning Chinese vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply correctly beginning rules of Chinese grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in beginning Chinese through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare beginning aspects of Chinese and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this beginning Chinese course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the Chinese language and culture.
| ||101||110402||Elementary Chinese 1|| ||4||Liu S|| ||24/25/0||Open||