Computer Information Systems
Wireless Local Area Networks (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to provide students a fundamental understanding of wireless data communication standards and technologies. It will also provide an overview of various opportunities and markets in the industry. Security aspects of each wireless technology are also explored.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Examine the role of radio frequency in wireless communications.
- Examine the use of antennas in wireless communications.
- Identify the technologies for Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPAN).
- Examine the fundamentals of Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN).
- Identify the technologies for Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (WMAN).
- Identify the technologies for Wireless Wide Area Networks (WWAN).
- Identify the technologies for Satellite Fixed Broadband Wireless communications.
- Examine the fundamentals of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) applications.
- Identify other wireless applications in Business and Industry.
- Identify best practices for securing wireless communications.
| ||173||142891||Wireless Local Area Networks|| ||3||Baron TS||$52.00||9/22/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.