Computer Information Systems
(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|017758||January 6, 2014
View Course Schedule
Advanced Software Applications
This course is designed for students who have a working knowledge of the computer and word processing, spreadsheet and database packages. Advanced features of the software are developed building on a foundation of a beginning software applications course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CIS 120 or written approval of the CIS department.
- CIS 180 recommended.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Construct various Word documents using a template.
- Create a form letter and merge information from a data source in Word.
- Customize data in an Excel template.
- Analyze data with Excel's database tools.
- Apply Business Decisions with logical operators in Excel.
- Create forms and reports with related tables in Access.
- Enhance a PowerPoint presentation with advanced tables, charts, and animation techniques.
- Create custom shows in PowerPoint.
- Deliver custom shows in PowerPoint.
- Construct templates, photo albums, and web pages in PowerPoint.