Computer Information Systems
Managing and Troubleshooting PCs
Personal computer servicing and support will be covered within the following topics: physical and electrical concepts of motherboards, power supplies, BIOS and expansion buses; definitions and uses of microprocessors (CPUs), memory system resources and input/output devices; data storage devices and interfaces; cables, connectors and ports; basic networking fundamentals; operating system fundamentals; and DOS.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Recommended: Windows experience.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the physical concepts of a motherboard in a personal computer.
- Explain the electrical properties found in the motherboard of a personal computer.
- Examine the electrical properties of the power supply.
- Explore the computer BIOS.
- Explain the types of microprocessors.
- Explain input/output devices.
- Explain data storage devices.
- Explain basic networking fundamentals.
- Examine operating system fundamentals.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.