Computer Information Systems
Systems Development and Design
The student will be made aware of various tools available to the systems analyst in solving business problems. Basic tools are used by the student in the design of a system for a practical business application. Emphasis is placed on the communication between the systems analyst and the other levels of management. "Selling" of new systems and methods is stressed. Detailed steps of each phase of systems design are shown in their relationship to the overall study.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Completed (24) twenty-four credit hours of CIS courses or consent of department.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the terminology of the development process.
- Identify the steps in the systems development process.
- Examine the basic techniques of systems design.
- Explore Modeling Tools.
- Defend solutions to specific team projects.
- Create team presentations.
- Create individual presentations.
- Demonstrate teamwork.
- Facilitate teams to solve problems.
| ||250||112886||Systems Development & Design|| ||4||Smith L||$40.00||24/24/0||Open||