Computer Information Systems
Introduction to LINUX
This course is designed for students pursuing careers in computer information systems or who are currently in the industry. This is an introductory course that provides an overview of the LINUX operating system. A hands-on approach to common LINUX applications is used. Topics discussed include the LINUX operating system, basic LINUX desktop and terminology, LINUX utilities and basic bash programs.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Complete the installation process of LINUX.
- Administer LINUX through configuration.
- Use the X user interface.
- Write basic bash programs.
- Use the commands available under LINUX.
- Explain the tools available with LINUX.
- Use one or more LINUX text editors.
- Use on-line documentation about LINUX.
- Explain the various aspects of network management, security and integrity of a LINUX OS environment.
| ||255||142894||Intro Linux|| ||3||Cesarz M||$40.00||22/22/0||Open||