Computer Information Systems
(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|017741||January 12, 2015
View Course Schedule
Object-Oriented Programming With Java
This course provides an introduction to object-oriented programming using Java. Students will develop real world application programs and Web-based applets based on object-oriented programming concepts including encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explore predefined classes and methods in a program.
- Examine different objects and reference variables.
- Explain different selection structures.
- Explain different repetition structures.
- Explore graphical user interfaces in JAVA.
- Assemble user-defined methods.
- Examine primitive data types.
- Construct object arrays of different types.
- Manipulate the string class.
- Examine exceptions and events.