Introduction to Security
This course examines the systems and organization of security with primary emphasis on the private sector. You will learn about the role of security, contemporary issues in security including legal authority, enhancing forms of physical security and security in multiple industries and institutional settings. Finally, we will evaluate the challenges and standards of the security profession and its expanding responsibilities.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze the historical evolution of security.
- Evaluate the role of security personnel within society.
- Distinguish between private security and public police and their legal authority.
- Create methods to enhance security through physical and procedural controls.
- Develop plans for mitigating the impact of workplace accidents, disasters or emergencies, natural or man-made.
- Differentiate between industrial, retail, commercial and institutional security.
- Evaluate challenges facing security in the future.
- Evaluate the ethical standards of the security profession.
- Explore the vulnerabilities of information security systems.
| ||104||112440||Intro Security ||Online||3||Scott T||$30.00||14/31/0||Open||