Restaurant Concepts and Design
This course will explore new concepts for the entrepreneur in the restaurant industry. New trends and restaurant décor along with facility layout and design will be emphasized.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify how the size of a restaurant operation relates to specific purposes and decor.
- Identify how the shape of a restaurant operation relates to specific purposes and decor.
- Identify how the style of a restaurant operation relates to specific purposes and decor.
- Analyze how to locate equipment in an operation to improve work flow efficiency.
- Explain how various areas in a restaurant are related to one another.
- Identify important criteria in developing a market-feasibility study.
- Develop a market-feasibility study on a potential site.
- Analyze your market-feasibility study.
- Examine basic drafting technology.
- Explain the purpose of a blueprint.
- Demonstrate the ability to read blueprints.
- Identify the principles in menu design.
- Identify proper menu pricing strategies.
- Design a restaurant quality menu.
- Identify the codes and regulations required for restaurant planning.
- Identify the steps for developing a business plan.
- Develop a business plan for a restaurant.
- Analyze your restaurant business plan.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.