This course introduces the Schoolcraft College Electronic Portfolio. Students will engage the college learning experience by 1) growing an awareness of the college’s expectations that they will acquire the attitudes, skills, knowledge and ability characteristic of generally educated persons, 2) understanding the changing nature of the college learning focus from acquisition of courses and credits to providing demonstrable evidence of their learning outcomes and 3) starting the process of creating their personal electronic portfolios as the primary vehicle for showcasing their demonstrable evidence. Students will leave the course with some experience in the college learning environment, knowing the kind of expectations they will meet in their courses and programs and the beginnings of their own Schoolcraft College Electronic Portfolio on electronic media.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Assume responsibility for the ongoing development of his/her own Schoolcraft College E-Portfolio.
- Explore the appropriate skills, knowledge and attitudes which address the expectations of the college learning experience.
- Select appropriate examples of student work and performances that demonstrate evidence of successful learning outcomes.
- Justify why the examples of work were selected and considered representative of the College's Core Abilities and General Education requirements.
- Demonstrate a sufficient familiarity with computer use, file manipulation, and Microsoft PowerPoint software to manage a basic Schoolcraft College Electronic Portfolio.
| ||111||017706||Electronic Portfolio ||OE/OE||1||Daiek D||$30.00||27/31/0||Open||