Programmable Logic System Design (2-2) 4 Cr. Hrs.
The student will use Allen-Bradley RSLogix 500 software to be interfaced with RSLinx communication software and PanelView for control panel applications. Data Highway Plus will be used for network communications with other Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) components. Emphasis will placed on incorporating and combining programming commands, timers, counters, subroutines, data manipulation and mathematics into control process systems. Installing, wiring and networking PLC systems will be covered. Students will learn how to use troubleshooting features of the PLC software to find and diagnosis hardware, configuration and programming problems.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Incorporate all of RSLogix 500 commands to control a manufacturing process.
- Explain PanelView program used for PLC control.
- Explain PanelView program used for PLC monitoring.
- Explain PanelView program used for PLC safety.
- Construct network systems.
- Validate network systems.
- Demonstrate network systems.
- Demonstrate the computer for trouble shooting.
- Explain basic math commands in making PLC coding more efficient.
- Explain basic math commands in making PLC coding more powerful.
- Demonstrate math commands used to make PLC coding more efficient.
- Demonstrate math commands used to make PLC coding more powerful.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.