(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|142759||October 21, 2014
|142963||October 21, 2014
|148610||October 21, 2014
View Course Schedule
English Composition 2
This course teaches students to conduct and integrate research and write the research paper. This process assists students in developing research and writing strategies to use in a variety of college and professional contexts.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ENG 101 with a minimum grade of 2.0.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Write short and long papers, using primary and secondary research.
- Conduct dependable on-site, Internet and/or library research for college-level essays, papers or reports.
- Evaluate researched sources for authority, credibility, and relevance.
- Employ different strategies of integrating research by way of summarizing, paraphrasing, and quoting.
- Construct accurate entries for bibliographies and Works Cited lists.
- Demonstrate proper MLA or APA style in research papers.
- Prepare different types of outlines.
- Apply research strategies to appropriate writing situations.
- Prepare a documented college-level research paper.