Modern Literature By and About Women
Reading and discussion of fiction, poetry, drama and prose by women writers of the 20th and 21st centuries. Students use literary analysis to explore women's literature as well as the experiences, roles and art of modern women and women writers.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the origins of women's literature.
- Investigate the influence of women's literary classics on contemporary literature.
- Analyze a variety of novels, poems, plays and prose works by women authors.
- Interpret the literary elements (character, plot, setting style, theme, occasion, etc.) in these works of art.
- Derive plausible evaluations of literary works by women authors.
- Apply literary terms appropriately.
- Validate connections between women's literature, historic events, social issues or artistic movements.
- Select a contemporary literary work by a woman writer that compares favorably to a literary classic.
- Appraise the elements of a contemporary work of literature by a woman writer.
| ||170||111434||Modern Lit by and about Women|| ||3||Harden A|| ||28/28/0||Open||