Building Writing Skills
This is the second of a two-part sequence (ENG 050/ENG 055) designed to prepare students for composition courses. The course focuses on the writing process, paragraph development, revision and grammar.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ENG 050 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or minimum placement test score of 15 ACT or 51 CPT.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Use brainstorming, clustering, or outlining to generate and organize ideas.
- Use basic paragraph structure.
- Create effective topic and concluding sentences.
- Employ different strategies in writing well organized paragraphs including but not limited to description, narration, comparison/contrast, classification, cause and effect, and/or illustration.
- Apply conventional punctuation accurately to a variety of sentences.
- Develop vocabulary skills to achieve college level diction.
- Revise writing for errors in usage, sentence structure, word choice, and manuscript format.
- Edit paragraphs for errors in usage, sentence structure, word choice, and manuscript format.
- Develop critical thinking skills.
| ||055||131512||Building Writing Skills|| ||3||Woods R|| ||16/28/0||Open||
| ||055||148603||Building Writing Skills|| ||3||Maheshwari A||$10.00||27/31/0||Open||
| ||055||141504||Building Writing Skills|| ||3||Dembicki H|| ||21/31/0||Open||
| ||055||141506||Building Writing Skills|| ||3||Scott M|| ||26/31/0||Open||
| ||055||141507||Building Writing Skills|| ||3||Maheshwari A|| ||26/31/0||Open||
| ||055||141509||Building Writing Skills|| ||3||Hunley E|| ||21/31/0||Open||
| ||055||141511||Building Writing Skills|| ||3||Hunley E|| ||18/28/0||Open||
| ||055||141553||Building Writing Skills|| ||3||Ferguson A|| ||24/28/0||Open||
| ||055||246218||Building Writing Skills|| ||3||Poswalk J|| ||27/31/0||Open||
| ||055||246277||Building Writing Skills|| ||3||Woods R|| ||28/31/0||Open||