(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|143501||August 25, 2014
|143503||August 25, 2014
|143504||September 16, 2014
|143550||August 25, 2014
|143562||August 25, 2014
View Course Schedule
Introduction to Engineering and Technology
This course is designed to introduce students to the fields of engineering and engineering technology. Students will learn about the different engineering disciplines and will participate in projects related to engineering. Electronic portfolios will be introduced in this course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Assess Engineering or Engineering Technology as a career choice.
- Manage the interpersonal relationships of a team.
- Analyze case studies for appropriate ethical responses to proposed scenarios.
- Present information orally to an audience.
- Present tabular data using spreadsheet and charting software.
- Create a presentation using presentation software.
- Investigate information via the internet.
- Utilize a project planning software to map out a sequence of activities necessary to complete a project.
- Present solutions to an engineering problem using standard problem solving strategies and reporting methods.
- Create, analyze or simulate a solution to an engineering problem using current technology (i.e.: CAD, FEA, material testing, circuit testing or simulation software).
- Design a solution to an engineering problem.
- Respond to a series of questions concerning presentations given by industrial, educational or vocational speakers.