Fire Fighter 2 - Advanced Fire Suppression (7-3) 10 Cr. Hrs.
Fire Fighter 2 is the second of two courses which together make up the equivalent of the Basic Fire Academy and is offered for students who prefer to attend on a part-time basis. This course deals with advanced fire suppression techniques, including prevention procedures and skill development. This course is for students who are currently employed by a Michigan Fire Marshal recognized fire department or currently seeking employment and/or volunteer in a recognized fire district. This course meets the state mandated requirements for preparing students to take the exam for state certification for entry-level career fire fighters.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- FIRE 112 with a grade of 2.0 or higher.
- Michigan state law mandates that persons taking this course must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid Michigan driver’s license.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Examine fire phases.
- Explore the basic theory of combustion.
- Explain the characteristics of fire behavior.
- Evaluate the procedures for rescue work in structural fires, cave-ins, and vehicles.
- Demonstrate the correct search procedures for locating and removing victims.
- Examine basic construction for purposes of gaining entry to locked structures.
- Demonstrate the proper use of forcible entry tools.
- Demonstrate the various types and uses of fire service ropes and knots.
- Identify the types and uses of fire service ladders.
- Demonstrate the proper carrying of ladders.
- Differentiate the purpose and procedures for ventilation.
- Demonstrate proper ventilation techniques.
- Identify the types and characteristics of fire service hoses.
- Demonstrate the various rolls and loads of fire service hoses.
- Identify the parts of a water distribution system.
- Assess the principles of tanker operations.
- Determine the methods of water applications in a fire stream.
- Demonstrate the proper use of fire streams.
- Illustrate the purpose of and procedures for salvage and overhaul.
- Demonstrate basic salvage operations.
- Identify the types and uses of fire service apparatus.
- Categorize the operations of apparatus.
- Breakdown the basic structural elements of a building.
- Prioritize basic fire prevention activities.
- Organize the laws, codes, and ordinances governing fire inspection procedures.
- Identify the basic resources, procedures, and safety operations during aircraft fire control or rescue.
- Examine basic components of a sprinkler system's operations.
- Evaluate and deal with the factors concerning stress in fire fighting.
- Identify the types, operations, and usage of fire alarms.
- Interpret the types and uses of a self-contained breathing apparatus (S.C.B.A.).
- Demonstrate proper donning and inspection procedures of S.C.B.A.
| ||119||348142||Fire Fighter 2 Adv Fire Supp|| ||10||Bosak G||$137.00||29/35/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.