Elementary French 1 (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is intended for students with no previous education in French. You will learn basic grammar patterns and build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. You will also gain an appreciation for the French and Francophone culture.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of beginning French texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in French.
- Discriminate among distinctive French sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken French.
- Pronounce French words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak French clearly and accurately with beginning fluency.
- Integrate beginning French vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply beginning rules of French grammar, syntax, tense and gender correctly.
- Communicate effectively in French through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare beginning aspects of French and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore some aspects of Francophone culture.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for further exploration of the French language and Francophone culture.
| ||101||140401||Elementary French 1|| ||4||Wroblewski V||$12.00||7/28/0||Open||
| ||101||140450||Elementary French 1|| ||4||Wroblewski V||$12.00||10/25/0||Open||
| ||101||142322||Elementary French 1 ||Online||4||Suess A||$12.00||13/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.