Elementary French 2 (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a continuation of FR 101 and continues to review the basic French grammar patterns and build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of the French and Francophone culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- FR 101 with a grade of 2.0 or better or one year of high school French or consent of instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of elementary French texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in elementary French.
- Discriminate distinctive elementary French sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken elementary French.
- Pronounce elementary French words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak French clearly and accurately with elementary fluency.
- Integrate elementary French vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply rules of elementary French grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in elementary French through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare aspects of elementary French and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this elementary French course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the French language and culture.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.