Elementary German 2 (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a continuation of GER 101 and continues to review the basic grammar patterns and builds competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of German culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- GER 101 with a grade of 2.0 or better or one year of high school German or consent of instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of elementary German texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in elementary German.
- Discriminate distinctive elementary German sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken elementary German.
- Pronounce elementary German words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak German clearly and accurately with elementary fluency.
- Integrate elementary German vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply rules of elementary German grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in elementary German through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare aspects of elementary German and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this elementary German course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the German language and culture.
| ||102||110409||Elementary German 2|| ||4||Suess A|| ||13/28/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.